Sunday, January 8, 2017

HIGH VALUE TREAT MIX

Tired of buying expensive treats only to find your dog doesn't really like them?  Just want to make sure you know exactly what is in what you're giving them?

Training utilizes many rewards - toys, play, praise, access to resources - and of course food.  And just like you probably wouldn't wash someones car for 25¢ but might for $25 - dogs have a PAY SCALE as well.  I love Lili Chin's Boogie Pay Scale graphic - it explains it well!


I started making my guys high value mixes when I saw one of our local supermarkets had chicken quarters on sale for 49¢ / lb.  This is a great mix for them.


Don't want all the work?  My guys also love the NATURAL BALANCE and PURE BALANCE dog rolls cut into cubes!  At PETCO classes we called it our Puppy Crack!




No comments:

Post a Comment