Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Maggie May Goes To School!


Today the very beautiful, and very talented Miss Maggie accompanied me to Hinton Area Elementary School to give a presentation on Therapy Dogs to classes K-2. She's staying with me boarding while her family is away and they kindly allowed me to use it as a training exercise for her.
Kids learning to pet dogs on the chest - not over the head

She did phenomenally. I couldn't have asked for better. She was amazing with the kids, listened really well, settled beautifully after the first group. She was just everything I could have asked for.
Amy Brewer Lane and family have a really awesome pup in her! She handled meeting and being petted by over 100 children in a two hour span. She set such a good example for these kids to go home and talk to their families about therapy dogs and what they do.
And I have to give the biggest praise and appreciation to my amazing friend Taylor Wall, an amazing Elementary School teacher from North Carolina who came up to give me a hand with this presentation. Without her help and advice today I would have been lost. I'm great with dogs, not so great with lots of little people at the same time. She was fantastic and I am eternally grateful for her help.

No comments:

Post a Comment